Does your business show up on Google Maps? With more than 1 billion user downloads, it should.
So how do you get your business on the map? The answer is simple. And the best part? It’s free. Your listing starts with Google My Business
Once you create your free business listing on Google My Business you get a little something that looks like this:
And voila, notice the pin on the map? There you have it – all your business’s information in one place. You can assure your address, phone number, web address etc… is all correct and update it as needed. You can connect with customers; monitor and respond to your reviews/ratings; keep up with how many clicks your website receives; update your business’s photos – all in one spot.
So, how do you get yours completed? Follow these easy to steps:
- Visit Google My Business and search for your site to make sure you do not already have a listing, or that someone is incorrectly using your business.
- Select your business, or create your new listing, and triple check for accuracy.
- Take the time to be as detailed as possible, including your business category and information about your products or services. Don’t rush through this. This is where Google pulls from when it indexes your business into searches and maps. And remember, Google (and potential customers) loves high quality photos.
- Get involved. Unlike a phone book ad, your Google listing is constantly evolving. Encourage reviews and positive interactions with customers and you will continue to watch your listing rise in the rankings.
Once you have created your detailed listing, bookmark Google Places for Business Dashboard – your one stop shop to update and view your listing. We also encourage you to download the mobile app to have this information at your finger tips on the go.
Congrats! You’re on the map!
Latest posts by Amber Brown (see all)
- Stand Out On Google Using Schema Markup (A Quick How-To) - March 9, 2018
- How To Make Your Best Website Ever Using WordPress - December 28, 2017
- How Not To Get Hacked: 4 Things Hackers Don’t Like - August 8, 2017
- How To List Your Home-Based Business Online & Get Found - August 4, 2017