Your website works as a 24/7 advertisement for your brand and business. A poorly built site will give visitors a bad impression and send them looking elsewhere to meet their needs. We therefore often get asked “what makes a website/blog great?” There are several key characteristics that help ensure you have a high quality website that maximizes your online presence.
Your website should be:
- Visually Appealing – to attract and keep visitors on your site. First impressions should build trust and credibility.
- Easy to Use – your site should be easy to read and navigate, creating an ease of access to information.
- Functioning – your site should be fast loading, run smoothly and actually work.
- Loaded with Killer Content – your content should be clear, compelling and tell your visitors exactly what’s in it for them.
- Optimized for Search Engines – the higher your website ranks on the search engines results pages the more visibility it will receive. The more visibility the more traffic your website will get.
- Full of Conversion Tools – your website should tell visitors exactly what you want them to do with a strong call to action on every page of your site.
So how do you build your best website that accurately portrays your brand and will bring the results you expect? With WordPress of course. Just take a peek around our blog and you can quickly tell that KartHost™ is a huge proponent of WordPress.
We’ve written plenty on the reasons why we love WordPress
THE WORDPRESS BACK STORY
Older than both Facebook and Twitter, WordPress was launched in 2003 as an open source (meaning free to use and edit) content management system (CMS). What was once deemed the best blogging tool around, WordPress has since evolved into the most popular website platform in the world.
WordPress is a website publishing software that uses your web browser to build and manage your website. It’s free, flexible and constantly being improved upon by a global team of volunteers updating its open source code. So not only do they have top-notch developers on staff, but this open source design allows users like you and me to add enhancements to the ever-evolving CMS.
WordPress is simple to learn and easy to use, meaning you don’t need to have any coding or design experience to create and edit your site. And, if you do need help building your website, there is no shortage of support. With an official WordPress support forum and KartHost’s™ own Knowledgebase: WordPress, the answers to your questions are merely a click away.
Did You Know?
- Nearly 29% of all websites on the planet are powered by WordPress
- There are 17 blog posts published per second, every second of every day via WordPress
- There are over 50K plugins available to quickly and easily add features and functionality to any site
- WordPress can be installed in 5 minutes or less
These quick WordPress facts are a true testament to how all encompassing WordPress is and will continue to be. With the global popularity of WordPress on a continuous upward trend, it’s easy to see how influential this CMS has become in defining website standards.
NOTABLE WORDPRESS USERS
Still not sure if WordPress is right for you? Don’t just take our word for it, listen to the top name brands to Fortune 500 companies and famous personalities all the way down to local entrepreneurs and mom and pops who prefer WordPress as their website platform.
Every year, business magazine Inc. publishes its Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies. This year in 2017, 54 of the top 100 companies in the Inc 5000 list used WordPress for their websites. The fastest growing companies in every business sector you can think of:
- consumer products/services
- IT services
are all powered by WordPress. It makes complete sense that the world’s most popular CMS is the on-trend website platform for the fastest growing companies in the US.
In addition to the fastest growing American companies adopting WordPress, some of the most successful companies in the world prefer the CMS. The New York Times, CNN, People magazine, Best Buy, the NFL, and UPS are a mere handful of heavy hitting branded websites supported by WordPress.
To check out some of the best websites on the planet, head on over to the WordPress Showcase. WordPress uses its Showcase page to “show the world what can be done with WordPress and help demonstrate that WordPress has tremendous capabilities as a publishing platform.”
WordPress continues getting better year after year. The platform undergoes major improvements and overhauls several times a year showing its commitment to staying on the cutting edge of digital technology. The nonstop rise in popularity puts WordPress on a trajectory for global dominance. With continued performance enhancements, it’s no secret that WordPress continues to thrive.
If you had access to the same technology the top brands and fastest growing companies are using around the globe, wouldn’t you take advantage it? Using more funding than most of us will ever probably see, the fastest growing companies in the US did their homework on what the best website platform is before they built their own sites using WordPress. Why not piggyback off their research and power your site the same way?
Your website is your virtual representation of your business and brand. Whether you have an existing website or plan to build one soon, make 2018 the year you build, or migrate, your website using WordPress.
To get started building your best website ever with WordPress, KartHost’s™ EZWP Builder package includes everything you need from the ground up.
Already have a website powered by WordPress? KartHost™ has several VIP WordPress support plans to free up your time by maintaining the back-end tasks of your website.
If you already have a website and are ready to make the switch to WordPress, KartHost™ can help with that too. We can easily help you migrate your site.
Contact us for a free 30 minute consultation on which options are the best for you and your website needs.
Roy – 832-220-0040 ext 101
Gail – 832-220-0040 ext 102
Latest posts by Amber Brown (see all)
- How To Make Your Best Website Ever Using WordPress - December 28, 2017
- How Not To Get Hacked: 4 Things Hackers Don’t Like - August 8, 2017
- How To List Your Home-Based Business Online & Get Found - August 4, 2017
- Don’t Let Your Website Get Taken Hostage - August 4, 2017