“If you really want to grow as an entrepreneur, you’ve got to learn to delegate.” — Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group
Ahh… delegating. Most people have a love-hate relationship with this critical skill. On the one hand, it is a valuable tool allowing you to decrease your workload and better utilize your time. On the other hand, it can sometimes be hard to let go. After all, your business/brand is your baby the idea of losing control can be a scary thought. That being said, if you’re wearing all the hats and juggling all the balls you might quickly feel overwhelmed and burned out.
When To Delegate
The more you delegate the more it frees up your most valuable commodity – time. There are countless areas of your business/branding you may evaluate and decide to DIY, delegate it out, or choose a mix of the two. When deciding which is the best route for you ask yourself these 3 questions:
- Is it critical you complete the task, or can someone else do it?
- Is there someone else that has the expertise to complete the task?
- Do you have enough time to complete the task effectively?
Like most business skills, delegation is learned. So in the beginning, how can you assure you’re doing it right?
- Pick the Right People – Thoroughly consider their knowledge and expertise. Do they bring the skills and resources needed to get the job done?
- Connect – Almost just as important as competency, make sure you are comfortable with whoever you choose.
- Communicate – Your vision and goals. And make sure the designated task-doer will continue to communicate with you, as well, beyond the initial phases.
- Be Specific – On your expectations, yourdeadlines and your objectives.
Delegating: Website Tips
Whether you provide a service, sell a product, or need a forum to showcase your portfolio, the majority of your marketing efforts will eventually come full circle back to your website. When it comes to creating and maintaining your website, look inward and assess your strengths. Is devoting your time and energy to your website the best use of your time and energy?
All too often we at KartHost™ work with customers that have the most perfect vision of their website, but they do not know how to translate their impressive plans into launching a functional page. Others have already jumped in head first, but have found the platform they chose is too limited and not allowing them the features they need to grow.
Here are a few areas you might want to consider when it comes to delegating your website needs;
- Website Design & Development – Your website is the first impression of you and your business. Why not have an expert craft your vision into reality?
- Maintenance Updates – While tasks such as updating themes, plugins, software upgrades – typically don’t take too long, user error (or forgetfulness) can make your site more vulnerable to security threats, like viruses and hackers.
- Security – It’s 2017, don’t get hacked! SSL is now a must.
- Backups – Your site needs them. If anything happens to your site, you want to be able to restore it quickly and easily.
Your website is a direct reflection of you, and should be ran the same way you would run your business. Whether you’re a DIY-er, a delegater, or somewhere in between, we have a solution to meet your needs:
- If you are looking to free yourself up to tackle other tasks and to-dos, KartHost™ can take care of the behind scenes of your website through our Managed WordPress Hosting . And for those that need your own webmaster to keep content up to date check out our Webmaster Duty’s Maintenance plan.
- Looking to be a more DIY-er? We have the perfect Self-Managed WordPress Hosting service available to you too.
- Wanting the perfect balance of the two? Check out our EZWP Builder
KartHost™ has over 16 years experience in registering domains, being a cutting edge cloud website hosting provider and WordPress specialist, and providing business grade email service. We pride ourselves in listening to our clients, have the heart of a teacher and we earn the trust of our clients every day buy providing them with best information that suites their individual needs. We’d love to be your web partner!
Latest posts by Amber Brown (see all)
- Stand Out On Google Using Schema Markup (A Quick How-To) - March 9, 2018
- How To Make Your Best Website Ever Using WordPress - December 28, 2017
- How Not To Get Hacked: 4 Things Hackers Don’t Like - August 8, 2017
- How To List Your Home-Based Business Online & Get Found - August 4, 2017