We have breaking news! WordPress 4.6.1 is here and you need to update now! This update addresses security issues found in WP versions 4.6 and earlier. Read more about the threats and why it is “strongly encouraged you to updated your sites immediately”
To upgrade your WordPress install follow this guideline and you will be just fine.
- BACKUP YOUR SITE FIRST – With a backup you can always revert back should something go wrong. (Note if you have KartHost™ hosting your sites yours is backed up every 4 hours)
- Upgrade all your plugins FIRST
- Then upgrade your theme (caution if you have customized by changing your themes php code without changing the themes name or creating a Child Theme do not upgrade your theme, you will overwrite your customizations.)
- Now you can upgrade WordPress Core, its simple to do.
Note: If you have Managed WordPress Hosting with KartHost™, we will be doing all this for you, with the exception of upgrading your theme. If you have the KartHost™ WordPress Maintenance Service plan with your Managed WordPress Hosting we will upgrade your theme on a per request basis.
(Check out the features of the 4.6 update here)
Latest posts by Amber Brown (see all)
- How To Make Your Best Website Ever Using WordPress - December 28, 2017
- How Not To Get Hacked: 4 Things Hackers Don’t Like - August 8, 2017
- How To List Your Home-Based Business Online & Get Found - August 4, 2017
- Don’t Let Your Website Get Taken Hostage - August 4, 2017