While social media continues to dominate headlines and catch all the buzz, email is still the more popular method of internet communication. In fact, a quarter of each worker’s day is taken up by reading and responding to e-mail. In a normal 8-hour work period, that’s 2 hours a day, 10 hours a week, or the equivalent off 22 days of non-stop emailing each year. Add that to the fact that up to 75% of a company’s intellectual property exists only within email and you can start to understand why email archiving and searching solutions are a must for any business.
WHAT IS EMAIL ARCHIVING?
Simply put, email archiving is the act of storing and making searchable all email to/from an individual, so that it can be accessed quickly at a later date. KartHost™ has partnered with Sonian, an early innovator in cloud-based email archiving solutions. Cloud archiving creates a “vault”, or a secure storage space on the cloud (i.e. the internet), for all inbound and outbound emails routed through a company’s (or individual’s) server via a secure channel. This archive then allows for unlimited storage, saves every message, and makes every message searchable without any maintenance from you.
TOP 3 REASONS TO ARCHIVE
1. Legal & Regulatory – In case of a lawsuit, business investigation, or audit, organizations must be able to retrieve relevant messages, and there is no statute of limitations on how far back the search will need to go. Restoring this data without an archiving system in place can be very costly. Regulations in the government, healthcare and financial segments require there is an email archiving system in place.
2. Data Preservation and Storage Management – Over 205 billion emails are sent each day and that number is continuing to rise. An archiving solution allows these messages to be stored off your internal servers, freeing up space, allowing server performance to be maintained and decreasing the risk of loss.
3. Search Capability – Email archiving allows every message (and attachment) to be saved, indexed and searchable. With Sonian this data is accessible within a matter of seconds.
Want to Inquire about adding Archiving to your KloudEmail Service? send an email to Archiving@KartHost.com.
Remember what’s after the “@” really does matter – to your current and future clients, to your business and to your brand. Click Here to compare our KloudEmail plans and pricing.
Latest posts by Amber Brown (see all)
- How To Make Your Best Website Ever Using WordPress - December 28, 2017
- How Not To Get Hacked: 4 Things Hackers Don’t Like - August 8, 2017
- How To List Your Home-Based Business Online & Get Found - August 4, 2017
- Don’t Let Your Website Get Taken Hostage - August 4, 2017