Time Magazine, Google, Facebook, Sony, Disney, CNN, Forbes, eBay – what do all these powerhouse companies have in common? At least part of their websites are all powered by WordPress. In fact, approximately 26% of all websites are powered by WordPress.
UPDATE: As of 12.13.17 WordPress powers over 29% of all the world’s websites.
What began as a blogging platform in 2003, has evolved into a mature content management system (CMS) that we here at KartHost™ enthusiastically endorse. In fact, we think WordPress is the best choice for your site, or blog, in most every instance, and here’s why.
KartHost™ Rebuilds Website From The Ground Up, Using WordPress and Beaver Builder
TOP 10 REASONS TO USE WORDPRESS
- Cost (FREE) – that’s right, WordPress’ web based software is free to download, install, use and modify. All you need to get started is a domain name and web hosting, both available to you, of course, by yours truly. And what’s even better than free? KartHost™ provides all customers with a secure install of WordPress for you with any WordPress Hosting account.
- Easy and flexible to use – WordPress has an easy and intuitive interface, making basics like creating a new post and uploading images on a regular basis simple and quick. WordPress is not intimidating, and is easy to gradually learn more and more as you get more comfortable. There’s no need to learn a bunch of coding and time spent on formatting is greatly reduced, but you still can create professionally looking, fully functioning websites and mobile applications. Now with BeaverBuilder our favorite WordPress plugin, creating pages has never been easier! READ MORE: Beaver Builder 2.0 and EZWP Builder Launch By KartHost
- Easy to maintain – With a built-in updater, WordPress makes it easier than ever to update plugins, themes and versions with a simple click of button. Being browser based, you can give several administrators access to your site from any internet connected computer in the world. Being such a popular platform, development of WordPress never stops, which leads us to…
- Open source – or community software, means thousands of developers across the globe work 24/7 to improve the system, and it is over seen by the WordPress Foundation.
- Create any kind of website – Whether you’re looking to start a blog, online gallery or portfolio, eCommerce store, membership site, or a simple landing page, WordPress sites are 100% customizable. There is also built-in support to handle images, audio/video content, start building an email list, as well as document/file management and you can even embed YouTube, Instagram, Tweets and SoundCloud easily by pasting your URL into your post.
- Themes – There is no shortage of WordPress themes, or templates, to choose from to build your site. They are constantly being created, with thousands of themes in the official WordPress.org directory. Many are free, others you pay to upgrade to a premium theme, with an average price of $50. Themes are easy to customize with various options allowing you to change colors, backgrounds, upload content and much more! And for those with html coding skills, well the sky is not the limit with WordPress!
- Plugins – WordPress plugins are “bits of software that can be uploaded to extend and expand functionality of your WordPress site”. Non-techy version – plugins are like apps on your phone. You simply add them to y our site to do something different. There are over 46,000+ free plugins, as well as thousands of premium plugins, which can be downloaded, installed and configured within minutes to enhance your site. For example, there are plugins to help share your site across social media sites, calendars, eCommerce, membership site, directory’s, contact forms, surveys, ones to cache your site to increase download speed for users and to increase your Search Engine Optimizations (SEO)…
- Search Engine Friendly – Even without using plugins, the code behind WordPress is simple, which makes it easy for search engines to read and index, giving your site the best chance of good search results. And that is a good thing regardless if you plans call for a large site or a simple one page site. It is easy to use tag words not only on your site, but for each individual page, post and image, allowing for easy optimization and a higher search performance with minimal effort.
- Very scalable – Meaning your site can easily grow as your business grows. Start out with a simple landing page, or use the Coming Soon plugin from SeedProd while you build your site out of view from your sites visitors.
- WordPress is Portable – Need to move hosts? You can take your site with you, no need to start over and create a new site if you need to change hosts.
- BONUS TIP: You have total control of your site – Whether you choose to self-manage your site, or have KartHost™ manage WordPress for you, WordPress makes it is easy to set up your site exactly how you want it. We can help you manage it or we give you the tools to enhance and manage your site yourself, you decide.
Ready to get started building your site with WordPress? Our EZWP Builder WordPress Hosting has everything you need from the ground up to create and maintain the beautiful, professional website you’ve been dreaming of. See how easy it can be to get your site up and running.
Already have a website? If you’re not happy with your website or if it’s time for a change, we can help migrate your website to achieve the results you are aspiring toward. Contact us today for a free 30 minute consultation on how we can help your website reach the ambitions you are envisioning. Call us at the numbers listed below, or get in touch with us online.
Roy ext 101
Gail ext 102
revised December 13, 2017
Latest posts by Amber Brown (see all)
- Stand Out On Google Using Schema Markup (A Quick How-To) - March 9, 2018
- How To Make Your Best Website Ever Using WordPress - December 28, 2017
- How Not To Get Hacked: 4 Things Hackers Don’t Like - August 8, 2017
- How To List Your Home-Based Business Online & Get Found - August 4, 2017