The most recent security release for WordPress 4.7.3 is now available. This update addresses six security issues and 39 maintenance fixes. Have you updated?
To upgrade your WordPress install follow this guideline and you will be just fine.
- BACKUP YOUR SITE FIRST – With a backup you can always revert back should something go wrong. (Note if you have KartHost™ hosting your site it is backed up every 4 hours)
- Upgrade all your plugins FIRST
- Then upgrade your theme (caution if you have customized by changing your themes php code without changing the themes name or creating a Child Theme do not upgrade your theme, you will overwrite your customizations.)
- Now you can upgrade WordPress Core, its simple to do.
Note: If you have Managed WordPress Hosting with KartHost™, we will be doing all this for you, with the exception of upgrading your theme. If you have the KartHost™ WordPress Maintenance Service plan with your Managed WordPress Hosting we will upgrade your theme on a per request basis.
To read more about the security issues affecting all previous versions of WordPress click HERE
In order combat hacks and keep your site secure, we recommend updating to the most current version of WordPress immediately. Contact us if you need help or have any questions.
Latest posts by Amber Brown (see all)
- How Not To Get Hacked: 4 Things Hackers Don’t Like - August 8, 2017
- How To List Your Home-Based Business Online & Get Found - August 4, 2017
- Don’t Let Your Website Get Taken Hostage - August 4, 2017
- Upgrade Your Browser Today - June 27, 2017